Monday, October 29, 2007

"Fall" in Love...

Today I got a chance to see the beauty of Fall Season in NY area. I visited Perkins Memorial Tower in Bear Mountain, NY which is 45 minutes from my house in NY. The drive itself was scenic, with trees ranging from regular green to red, yellow, orange, purple, yellowish green and more... The view from top of the Perkins memorial is spectacular. Especially, the view of New York skyline is amazing (Length of skyline is less than your thumb ;-) ). Also, I could see the Peekskill bay area, which is close to my house. The photo I have posted here shows the Bear mountain ranges, with Hudson River on the way to Perkins Memorial.


Also, I have heard about Croton Dam that is very close to my house looks great from a bridge that is above it. But I always had seen the dam from below it. Yet, today I took time to walk to the bridge (around 1.5 miles, as the road was prohibited for traffic we couldn't drive). It was just awesome. No words to explain, large sum of water just slowly seeping out thru steps built in the Dam. Here is a snap from the bridge above Croton Dam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home